WEST FINANCIAL CREDIT UNIONHome Banking Account Access Agreement and Disclosure Statement
This Agreement is a contract and governs the use which establishes the rules that cover your electronic access to your account(s) jointly referred to as the 'Home Banking', 'Virtual Branch', 'Online Banking', 'Mobile Money', or 'Mobile Deposit', provided by West Financial Credit Union also referred to as 'WFCU' through the Home Banking system. You will be bound by this Agreement when you enroll in Home Banking. You also accept all the terms and conditions of this Agreement and agree to accept this disclosure online rather than a paper disclosure by using Home Banking. Please read it carefully and retain for your records.
This Agreement is also subject to applicable federal laws and the laws of Minnesota (except to the extent this Agreement can and does vary such rules or laws). If any provisions of this Agreement are found unenforceable according to its terms, all remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect. The headings in the Agreement are for convenience or reference only and will not govern the interpretation of the provisions. Any waiver (express or implied) by either party or any default or breach of this Agreement must be in writing and shall not constitute a waiver of any other or subsequent default or breach. You may not assign this Agreement. This Agreement is binding upon your heirs and the Credit Union’s successors and assigns. Certain of the obligations of the parties pursuant to this Agreement that by their nature would continue beyond the termination, cancellation, or expiration of this Agreement shall survive termination, cancellation, or expiration of this Agreement. This Agreement together with the Membership and Account Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and the Credit Union with respect to the subject matter hereof and there is no understanding or agreements relative hereto which are not fully expressed herein.
The words 'you', 'your', and 'yours' refer to the West Financial Credit Union member(s) jointly and severally. The words 'we', 'us', 'our', 'West Financial Credit Union' and 'WFCU' refer to West Financial Credit Union. This Agreement and Disclosure Statement (hereinafter 'Agreement') explains and describes the types of Electronic Funds Transfers which are available to you with our Home Banking system. This Agreement also contains your rights and responsibilities concerning transactions that you make through Home Banking, including your rights under the Electronic Funds Transfer Act.
***Home Banking does NOT support information regarding Visa® credit card accounts. You may access your Visa® credit card accounts information from the WFCU website homepage link named 'My VISA' and or access it at https://www.ezcardinfo.com/
Home Banking may not be accessible to Business and Organizational accounts. Other conditions may apply.
Use of Electronic Services
To qualify for access to the Home Banking, you must be a Credit Union member in good standing. To use electronic services, you must have at least one WFCU share account and a Home Banking Logon ID with Security Code. WFCU reserves the right to deny access to a deposit account or loan account or to deny transactions under certain circumstances.
In order to enroll in the Home Banking Service, you need a computer or other devices that has access to the internet (in this Agreement, your computer and the related equipment are referred to together as your 'Computer') with a web browser.
You are responsible for the installation, maintenance, and operation of your Computer, browser and the software. WFCU is not responsible for any errors or failures from any malfunction of your Computer, the browser or the software. WFCU is also not responsible for any Computer virus or related problems that may be associated with the use of an online system.
Access and Security
Your Home Banking Security Code is required to access WFCU’s Home Banking functions. You are responsible for all transactions and transfers you authorize using the Service. You agree not to give or make available your Security Code to any unauthorized individual. You may be required to change your Security Code on a periodic basis. We are entitled to act on the instructions received under your Security Code. For security purposes, it is recommended that you memorized the Security Code and do not write it down.
If you believe your Security Code has been lost or stolen, someone has attempted to use the Home Banking Service without your consent, your deposit account(s) or loan account(s) have been accessed, or someone has transferred money without your permission, you must notify WFCU immediately at 1-800-551-0225. WFCU does not maintain a record of your Security Code. If you lose or forget your Security Code, you may select a new confidential Security Code. You also agree that WFCU may revoke your Home Banking access services if unauthorized account access and/or transactions occur as the apparent result of negligence in the safeguarding of the Logon ID and Security Code(s) belonging to you and/or your authorized user.
ENROLLING FOR Home Banking
The member account number, Social Security Number, address, and valid email are required for initial enrollment to Home Banking.
- Users will create a Logon ID and Security Code.
- Logon IDs can be between 6 and 50 alpha numeric characters.
- Security Codes can be between 8 and 16 alpha numeric characters. A minimum of 2 numeric and 2 alpha characters is required.
You accept responsibility for periodically changing your Logon ID and protecting the integrity of the Logon ID to protect unauthorized transactions and account access.
Granting access to your account via Home Banking to any non-owner will make you financially liable for all losses or misuse of your account(s).
- HOME BANKING
You may reach Home Banking 'Online Banking' at http://www.westfinancialcu.com You can use Home Banking 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, although some or all of the Home Banking services may not be available occasionally due to emergency or scheduled system maintenance. The use of your Logon ID is required to access Home Banking. You can perform the following transactions on ALL ACCOUNT(S) TO WHICH YOU ARE AUTHORIZED AND HAVE BEEN GIVEN ACCESS TO:
Use of the Service
You are authorized to remotely deposit paper checks into your WFCU account by electronically transmitting a digital image of the paper checks to WFCU.
- Transfer or schedule a transfer of funds between your accounts
- Request a check be mailed to your home
- Make loan payments by transferring funds from checking and savings
- View history on an account, including pending items
- Get information about balances, rates, deposits and withdrawals, checks cleared, loan payoff amounts, dividend, interest or tax information
- Request a stop payment on a check or series of checks
- Request to order checks
- Request a change of address
- Print or save your statement, e-statements enrollment required
- Send an email to WFCU
- Set alerts, reminders, and personal preferences
- Apply for a loan
- Change your Security information
- Bill payments
- Mobile Deposit
- Mobile Money
Upon receipt, WFCU will review the image for acceptability. You understand and agree that receipt of an image does not occur until after WFCU notifies you of image receipt, via the Deposit History feature. You understand that notification from WFCU confirming receipt of an image does not mean that the image contains no errors or that WFCU is responsible for any information You transmit.
WFCU is not responsible for any image it does not receive. Following receipt of the image, WFCU may process the image by preparing a 'substitute check' or clearing the item as an image. WFCU reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to accept or reject any item for mobile deposit into your Account. You understand that any amount credited to your Account for items deposited using Mobile Deposit is a provisional credit, and You agree to indemnify WFCU against any loss suffered because of WFCU’s acceptance of the remotely deposited check.
In addition, You agree that You will not:
- Modify, change, alter, translate, create derivative works from, reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile the technology or the Service,
- Copy or reproduce all or any part of the technology or the Service; or
- Interfere, or attempt to interfere, with the technology or the Service.
Mobile Deposit is available for iPhone users, smart phones and tablet users with the Droid operating system.
Any image of a check that You transmit to WFCU must accurately and legibly provide all the information on the front and back of the check at the time presented to you by the drawer. You will endorse the back of the original check.
Your endorsement will include your signature and the following information:
- The words 'Mobile Deposit'
- Account Number
You understand that the image of the check transmitted to WFCU must accurately and legibly provide, among other things, the following information:
- The information identifying the drawer and the paying bank that is preprinted on the check, including complete and accurate MICR information and the signature(s).
- Other information placed on the check prior to the time an image of the check is captured, such as any required identification written on the front of the check and any endorsements applied to the back of the check.
The image quality for the check will meet the standards for image quality established by the American National Standards Institute ('ANSI'), the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve, and any other regulatory agency, clearing house, or association.
You understand and agree that You are not permitted to deposit the following items using Mobile Deposit:
- Any item written from and deposited in to the same WFCU checking account.
- Any item that is stamped with a 'non-negotiable' watermark.
- Any item that contains evidence of alteration to the information on the check.
- Any item issued by a financial institution in a foreign country.
- Any item that is incomplete.
- Any item that is 'stale dated' or 'post dated.'
Limitations on Frequency and Dollar Amount and Daily Deposit Limit
You understand and agree that You cannot exceed the limitations on frequency and dollar amounts of mobile deposits WFCU has set forth. The maximum daily deposit limit may be set based on average balances, relationship, and history with WFCU.
Rejection of Deposit
WFCU is not liable for any service or late charges levied against you due to rejection of any item. You are responsible, in all cases, for any loss or overdraft plus any applicable fees due to an item being returned. It is your sole responsibility to verify that items deposited using Mobile Deposit have been received and accepted for deposit.
WFCU will attempt to contact you, using the information WFCU has on record (email, phone), to notify you that a deposit has been rejected.
Items Returned Unpaid
WFCU will attempt to contact you, using the information WFCU has on record (email, phone), to notify you that an item was returned unpaid. With respect to any item that You transmit for mobile deposit that is credited to your Account, in the event such item is dishonored, You authorize WFCU to debit the amount, plus fees, of such item from your Account.
Unavailability of the Service
You understand and agree that Mobile Deposit may at times be temporarily unavailable due to WFCU system maintenance or technical difficulties including, but not limited to, those of the Internet service provider and Internet software.
In the event that Mobile Deposit is unavailable, You acknowledge that You can deposit an original check at any WFCU branch, or by mailing the original check to WFCU.
You understand that WFCU business days are Monday through Friday, excluding Federal holidays and business hours are 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Central Standard Time 'CST', each business day.
Deposits received before 2:00 pm CST on a business day, and approved, will post to your account on the same day. Exceptions may apply during holidays and/or special and emergency closings. Deposits received after 2:00 pm CST will process on the next business day.
Funds Availability/Check Holds
See the Account Agreement and Disclosures for details on funds availability.
Compliance with Law
You agree to use the products and the Service for lawful purposes and in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. You warrant that You will only transmit acceptable items for deposit and have handled the original items in accordance with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
You make the following warranties and representations with respect to each image of an original check You transmit using Mobile Deposit:
- Each image of a check transmitted to WFCU is a true and accurate rendition of the front and back of the original check, without any alteration, and the drawer of the check has no defense against payment of the check.
- The amount, the payee, signature(s), and endorsement(s) on the original check are legible, genuine, and accurate.
- You will not deposit or otherwise endorse to a third party the original item (the original check) and no person will receive a transfer, presentment, or return of, or otherwise be charged for, the item (either the original item, or a paper or electronic representation of the original item) that has already been deposited other than the digital image of an original check that You remotely deposit through Mobile Deposit, there are no duplicate images of the original check.
- You have instituted procedures to ensure that each original check was authorized by the drawer in the amount stated on the original check and to the payee stated on the original check.
- You are authorized to enforce each item transmitted or are authorized to obtain payment of each item on behalf of a person entitled to enforce such transmitted item.
- You have not knowingly failed to communicate any material information to WFCU.
- You have possession of each original check deposited using Mobile Deposit and no party will submit the original check for payment.
- Files and images transmitted contain no viruses or any other disabling features that may have an adverse impact on WFCU's network, data, or related systems.
Storage of Original Checks
You must securely store each original check that You deposit using the Service for a period of no fewer than 90 days after transmission to WFCU. Deposited checks with suspect image quality, especially those with large dollar amounts, may be retained for a longer period of time as determined by the Member. After such period expires, You will destroy the original check. You understand and agree that You are responsible for any loss caused by your failure to secure and/or destroy the original checks.
In Case of Errors
In the event that You believe there has been a breach of this Agreement or an error with respect to any original check or image transmitted to WFCU, You will immediately contact West Financial Credit Union regarding such breach or error as set forth below.
If You do not contact WFCU immediately, You understand that the statement dispute policy and timeline applies.
- MOBILE MONEY
The use of Mobile Money may incur additional data charges depending on your wireless carrier. Please consult your wireless provider/carrier for details on correlated rates and charges. All terms and conditions applicable to Home Banking may apply to Mobile Money.
- GENERAL DISCLOSURES AND AGREEMENTS
Contact Information Changes
You agree to promptly notify WFCU in writing, by phone or online of any contact information change such as mailing address, phone numbers, or email address.
Any electronic transaction will be reflected on your periodic statement. You understand and agree that you are required to notify WFCU of any error relating to using electronic services no later than 60 days after you receive the monthly periodic statement that includes any transaction you allege is erroneous. You are responsible for any errors that you fail to bring to WFCU's attention within such time period.
Transactions that are not Completed
If we fail to complete a transfer to or from your designated account(s) on time and in the correct amount, and we have agreed to perform such transfer(s) (with certain exceptions), we may be liable for your losses or damages. Any claim for interest or dividends payable by WFCU shall be at WFCU’s published savings account rate. Section 5 of this agreement lists a number of situations in which we do not agree to complete withdrawals or transfers. We also will not be liable:
- If we have terminated this Agreement.
- If through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account(s) to make the transfer.
- A legal order directs us to prohibit withdrawals from the account(s).
- The funds in your designated account(s) are subject to legal process or other encumbrance restricting the transaction.
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire or flood) prevent the transaction from being completed despite reasonable precautions we have taken.
- You have reported an unauthorized use of your Logon ID and Security Code, reported it as stolen, or requested that we issue a new Security Code, and we have as a result refused to honor the original Security Code.
- If your account is closed, frozen, or funds are uncollected.
- If you, or anyone authorized by you, commits any fraud or violates any law or regulation.
- If the transfer would cause your balance to become negative or exceed the credit limit of an established line of credit loan.
- If any part of Home Banking is not working properly and you knew about the problem when you started the transactions.
- If other exceptions are introduced as provided by applicable law.
You authorize us to obtain any information deemed necessary to process your request for access to Home Banking. Additionally, you agree that we will disclose information to third parties about your designated account(s) or the transactions you make:
- Where it is necessary for completing or documenting transactions or resolving errors involving transactions.
- In order to verify the existence and condition of your designated account(s).
- In order to comply with orders or subpoenas of government agencies or courts.
- If you give us written permission.
- LIMITATIONS ON TRANSFERS
Federal regulations limit transfers for share/savings accounts and money market accounts, if applicable. During any statement period, you may not make more than six withdrawals or transfers to another Credit Union account of yours or to a third party by means of a pre-authorized or automatic transfer. This includes transfers by phone, fax, wire and cable, audio response, overdraft transfers to checking and Internet instruction. A pre-authorized transfer includes any arrangement with us to pay a third party from your account upon oral or written orders including orders received through the automated clearinghouse (ACH). If you exceed the transfer limitations set forth above in any statement period, the transfer may not be completed, your regular share account and draft account may be subject to a fee, account closure, or suspension or we may revoke your access to Internet Teller. We will not be required to complete a withdrawal or transfer from your account(s) if you do not have enough money in the designated account(s) to cover the transaction. However, we may complete the transaction. You agree not to use Home Banking to initiate a transaction that would cause the balance in your designated account(s) to go below zero. If you have a line-of-credit, you agree not to use Home Banking to initiate a transaction that would cause the outstanding balance of your line-of-credit to go above your credit limit. We will not be required to complete such a transaction, but if we do, you agree to pay us the excess amount or improperly withdrawn amount or transferred amount immediately upon our request. We also will refuse to complete your Home Banking transactions if we have canceled your Home Banking access, or we cannot complete the transaction for security reasons.
The functions and limitations of Home Banking may be updated, without notice, at the option of the Credit Union in order to provide improved service to the membership.
- FEES FOR HOME BANKING
There is no monthly service fee for using Home Banking. However, if we implement a fee we will notify you as required by applicable federal and/or state regulations. If at that time, you choose to discontinue using Home Banking, you must notify us in writing.
- ACCOUNT STATEMENTS
Your periodic statement will identify each electronic transaction. You will receive a monthly account statement for each month in which you initiate electronic transactions.
- IN CASE OF ERRORS OR QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR ELECTRONIC TRANSFERS
In case of errors or questions about electronic transfers, telephone us at the number below, E-mail us at email@example.com, or send us a written notice to the address below as soon as you can. We must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after we sent the first statement on which the problem appears.
West Financial Credit Union
ATTN: Home Banking
3575 Sioux Drive Medina, MN 55340
- Tell us your name and member number.
- Describe the error or the electronic transaction you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error, or why you need more information.
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error. If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days. We will tell you the results of our investigation within 10 business days (20 business days if your complaint or question involves a transaction to or from an account within 30 days after the first deposit to the account was made) after we hear from you. We will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, we may take up to 45 days (90 days if your complaint or question involves a transaction to or from an account within 30 days after the first deposit to the account was made) to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10 business days (20 days if the complaint or error involves a transaction to or from an account within 30 days after the first deposit to the account was made) for the amount you think is in error so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or questions in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not credit your account. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation within 3 business days after we finish our investigation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
- LIABILITY FOR UNAUTHORIZED TRANSACTIONS
You will be liable for unauthorized access to accounts via Home Banking to the extent allowed by applicable federal and state law. Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your Member number, or Logon ID, or any record thereof, has been lost or stolen, or if any of your accounts have been accessed without your authority. You may telephone us at 763-235-6000, E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to West Financial Credit Union Attention: Home Banking 3575 Sioux Drive, Medina, MN 55340. Telephoning is the best way of minimizing your liability. You could lose all the money in your accounts, plus your maximum overdraft line-of-credit. If you tell us within two (2) business days of the loss, theft, or unauthorized access, you can lose no more than $50 if someone accessed your account without your permission. If you do NOT tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss, theft or unauthorized access, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from accessing your account without permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.
Also, if your statement shows transfers that you did not make, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within 60 days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the 60 days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time. If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we will extend the time periods.
- OUR BUSINESS DAYS
WFCU business days are Monday through Friday, excluding Federal holidays and business hours are 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Central Standard Time 'CST', each business day.
- PRE-AUTHORIZED PAYMENTS
You may not use Home Banking to enter into pre-authorized payment arrangements.
- OUR RULES AND REGULATIONS AND OTHER AGREEMENTS
Your designated account(s) may also be governed by other agreements between you and us. The terms and conditions of the deposit agreements and disclosures for each of your Credit Union account(s) as well as your other agreements with the Credit Union such as loans continue to apply notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement.
f we go to court for any reason, we can use a copy, microfilm, microfiche, or photograph of any document or person to prove what you owe or that a transaction has taken place and the copy, microfilm, microfiche, or photograph will have the same validity as the original.
- TERMINATING THIS AGREEMENT
You can terminate this Agreement at any time by notifying us in writing and by discontinuing the use of your Logon ID. We can also terminate this Agreement and revoke access to Home Banking at any time. Whether you terminate the Agreement or we do, the termination will not affect your obligations under this Agreement, even if we allow any transaction to be completed with your Logon ID after this Agreement has been terminated.
- CHANGING THIS AGREEMENT
We may change any term of the Agreement at any time. If the change would result in increased fees, if applicable, for any services, increased liability for you, fewer types of available electronic fund transfers, or stricter limitations on the frequency or dollar amount of transfers, we agree to give you notice of at least 21 days before the effective date of any such change, unless any immediate change is necessary to maintain the security of an account, or our electronic fund transfer system, or for any security reasons. We will post any required notice of change in terms in the quarterly newsletter, on our web site, personal E-mail, or postal mail. If advance notice of the change is not required, and disclosure does not jeopardize the security of the account or our electronic fund transfer system, we will notify you of the change in terms within 30 days after the change becomes effective. Your continued use of any or all of the subject system services indicates your acceptance of the change in terms. We reserve the right to waive, reduce, or reverse charges or fees in individual situations. You acknowledge and agree that the applicable deposit agreements and disclosures govern changes to fees applicable to specific accounts.
All notices from us will be effective when we have mailed them or delivered them to the last known address in the Credit Union’s records. Notices from you will generally be effective once we receive them at West Financial Credit Union, Attention: Home Banking 3575 Sioux Drive, Medina, MN 55340. Notices under Section 8 will be effective once you have done whatever is reasonably necessary to give us the information we need—such as by telephoning us.
- COLLECTION EXPENSE
If we ever have to file a lawsuit to collect what you owe us, you will pay our reasonable expenses, including attorney’s fees.
This Agreement is governed by the Bylaws of the Credit Union, federal laws and regulations, and the laws and regulations of the state of Minnesota. Any disputes regarding this Agreement shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the court of the county in which the Credit Union is located.