ROCKET CITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION ON-LINE BANKING/BILL PAYMENT AGREEMENT AND APPLICATION
- In this Agreement, the words 'you' and 'your' mean each person who signs the application for this Agreement. The words 'we', 'us' and 'our' mean ROCKET CITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION. The word 'PASSWORD' means the password you select. You will be responsible for protecting the confidentiality of your PASSWORD. You agree that any person you provide the PASSWORD shall be considered an authorized user and you will be responsible jointly and separately with the authorized user for any and all transactions. The word 'Account' means those accounts with us which you may access by use of your PASSWORD and the online banking system. The ROCKET CITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION online banking system is an electronically automated online service system that may be accessed by a telephonic device or online computer through which, when used in conjunction with a PASSWORD, an electronic funds transfer may be initiated. The word 'Online Service Provider' means the Credit Unionís website, your direct computer address, CompuServe, America Online, Prodigy or other similar providers as may be offered in the future. A 'business day' is a day the main office is open for business.
- EACH PERSON SIGNING THE APPLICATION FOR THIS AGREEMENT AND EACH PERSON YOU GIVE THE PASSWORD CAN ACCESS ANY OF THE DESIGNATED ACCOUNT(S) AND OTHERWISE USE ROCKET CITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION.
- You will be responsible for all unauthorized transfers made from your Account by use of your PASSWORD with the ROCKET CITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION online banking system, subject to the limitations contained in applicable Federal Law. Those limitations of your liability for unauthorized transfers are summarized in the disclosures accompany this Agreement.
- You will tell us at once if you believe your PASSWORD has been lost, stolen, discovered, used, obtained by some unauthorized person or the ROCKET CITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION online banking system has been compromised in any way. The fastest way to notify us is to telephone us at (256)533-0541. You understand we may suspend your access to the ROCKET CITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION online banking system until such problems are corrected.
- We may terminate or cancel your use of the ROCKET CITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION online banking system at any time at our sole discretion and without notice to you. We may give you notice of termination or cancellation, but we are not obligated to do so. Your PASSWORD may not be used with the ROCKET CITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION online banking system after we terminate or cancel, and you will discontinue its use immediately. You may terminate or cancel the use of the ROCKET CITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION online banking system by giving a written notice to our main office. Your written notice of termination or cancellation will become effective not later than the end of the first business day following our actual receipt of your notice. The termination or cancellation of the use of your PASSWORD with the ROCKET CITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION online banking system will not affect the liability incurred by you prior to termination or cancellation.
- You must keep your share account with us open in order for you to use the ROCKET CITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION online banking system.
- Except as changed by this Agreement, transactions initiated by the use of your PASSWORD with the ROCKET CITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION online banking system are subject to the rules and agreements covering your Accounts with us, and this Agreement is made part of and supplemental to those rules and agreements.
- You will pay any charges that may be approved by our Board of Directors for the use of the ROCKET CITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION online banking system. All approved charges may, at our option, be charged against any Account which may be accessed by use of your PASSWORD.
- In order to process your request you agree we may request and you must meet our security requirements to identify authorized users.
- You understand that your PASSWORD when used with the ROCKET CITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION online banking system may be used to, among other things, transfer funds between certain Accounts, withdraw funds from certain Accounts, make advances under certain Accounts make payments to certain Accounts, view processed checks and use bill payment service to schedule outside merchant payments on a one time or recurring basis.
- Bill Payment: We will process bill payment transfer request only to those creditors the Credit Union has been designated in the User Instructions and such creditors as you authorize and for whom the Credit Union has the proper vendor code. We will not process any bill payment transfer if the required transaction information is incomplete. We will withdraw the designated funds from your share draft account for bill payment transfer by the designated cut-off time on the date you schedule for payment. We will process your bill payment transfer within the designated number of days before the due date
you are scheduled for payment. You must allow sufficient time for vendors to process your payment after they receive a transfer from us. Please leave as much time as though you were sending your payment by mail. We cannot guarantee the time that any payment will be credited to your account by the vendor. There is no limit on the number of bill payments per day. Refer to Bill Payment Questions and Answers.
- Your PASSWORD will be used only for the type of transactions and to have access to only those Accounts that we have approved in advance. If through some error the use of your PASSWORD with the ROCKET CITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION online banking system permits you to withdraw funds from an account that you should not be allowed to use, we may charge the amount involved to an Account that you can use.
- Your PASSWORD may not be used to overdraw any Account except for those accounts for which you have established overdraft protection. Such overdraft protection, if any, will be governed by the terms of those accounts.
- We have no obligation to monitor how your PASSWORD is used or to notify you if we notice any unusual activity with regards to any of your Accounts which may be accessed by use of your PASSWORD. We have no obligation to monitor how you use the ROCKET CITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION online banking system or to notify you if we notice any unusual activity with regards to any of your Accounts which may be accessed by use of the ROCKET CITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION online banking system. You agree obtaining internet service is entirely your responsibility. You agree providing a computer to use the system is entirely your responsibility. You agree you are responsible for all charges accessed by communications companies, local and long-distance telephone companies,
online service providers or other elated companies. Access to service requires a browser that supports the SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) protocol. Netscape navigator 3.0 (or higher), and Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.0 (or higher) both support this protocol, and are certified for use at our site. Other browsers that support SSL, HTML 3.0, Java Script, and tables may work, but we strongly recommend using one of the two browsers mentioned above.
- You agree we accept no responsibility for equipment failure or damage, computer viruses, or software damage which may occur as a result of your use of the ROCKET CITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION online banking system. Even though we believe that the ROCKET CITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION online banking system will prove to be reliable, the system may not operate properly at all times. We, therefore, do not promise that the ROCKET CITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION online banking system will always be available for your use. You will not attempt to make a transfer when the system tells you or other circumstances give you reason to believe that the system is closed or is not operating properly due to a technical malfunction or is otherwise unable to initiate the transaction you
desire. You agree we assume no liability due to your inability to access the ROCKET CITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION online banking system for any reason, including but not limited to, to communication problems or interruption or equipment failure.
- This Agreement may be changed at any time by mailing a copy of any changes to your last statement address. Changes will be effective on the date that we mail them to you unless we are required, by Federal Law, to give you advance notice.
- We can delay in enforcing any of our rights under this Agreement without losing them. The fact that we do not enforce our rights in one instance does not mean that we will not do so in another instance.
- This Agreement and all transactions under this Agreement will be governed by Alabama law and applicable Federal law.
- You hereby acknowledge receipt of a copy of this Agreement and the disclosures on the back of this Agreement and agree to all of the terms set forth therein.
- Termination and Discontinuation. Virtual Branch Access may be terminated by the Credit Union if your account is not accessed through Virtual Branch for six months or more. However, any banking transactions or payments you have previously authorized will be completed as instructed. Neither termination nor discontinuation shall affect your liability or obligation under this Agreement.
You hereby request that electronic fund transfers be allowed through ROCKET CITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION for the account(s) designated below (including any subaccounts), through ROCKET CITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNIONíS online banking system. The use of the ROCKET CITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION online banking system shall be governed by the printed terms and conditions of the ROCKET CITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION online banking Agreement and the Regulation E Disclosure Statement attached along such with such other terms and conditions, or amendments thereto, as may be established from time to time by the Credit Union and communicated in writing to you.
By signing this application you authorize ROCKET CITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION to check your credit and employment history and make whatever inquiries necessary in the course of granting access to the ROCKET CITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION online banking system, reviewing its use or cancellation. You understand that the Credit Union will retain this application whether or not it is approved. You also agree that if you are approved, that your use of the ROCKET CITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION online banking system will bind you to all items and conditions contained in the ROCKET CITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION Agreement that you receive. EACH PERSON SIGNING THIS APPLICATION AND EACH PERSON YOU GIVE THE PASSWORD CAN ACCESS ANY OF THE DESIGNATED ACCOUNT(S) AND OTHERWISE USE ROCKET CITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION ONLINE BANKING SYSTEM.
EACH ACCOUNT OWNER OR SUBACCOUNT OWNER MUST SIGN THIS AGREEMENT
Primary Memberís Name (First) (Middle) (Last)
Primary Memberís Address City State Zip
Date Home Phone Number Work Phone Number
Joint Account Ownerís Name(s)
HOME BANKING ACCOUNTS TO BE ACCESSED:
Account #:____________________________ Primary Owners Signature:_________________________________________
Joint Owners Signature: _________________________________________
Account#:_____________________________ Primary Owners Signature:_________________________________________
Joint Owners Signature:__________________________________________
Account#:_____________________________ Primary Owners Signature:_________________________________________
Joint Owners Signature:_________________________________________
Account #:_____________________________ Primary Owners Signature:_________________________________________
Joint Owners Signature:_________________________________________
Allow Bill Payment (Must have checking account): __ YES __ NO Account # ______________________________
REGULATION E DISCLOSURE STATEMENT
YOUR ACCESS DEVICE AND ELECTRONIC FUND TRANSFER
YOU CANNOT USE THE ROCKET CITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION ON-LINE BANKING SYSTEM TO TRANSFER MONEY INTO OR OUT OF YOUR ACCOUNT UNTIL WE HAVE VALIDATED ITS USE.
To validate the system, you must obtain a password (PASSWORD) and be authorized by ROCKET CITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION. When the PASSWORD is obtained, the system will then be validated and may be used through any online computer.
Your PASSWORD may be used with any TouchTone telephone or online computer to allow you to initiate any of the following transactions, provided the accounts have been authorized for use. Transactions are subject to cutoff times established by the Credit Union and such transactions may not be reflected or entered on the subject account on the day they make the transaction. You may make:
- Transfer from Share to Share Draft
- Transfer from Share Draft to Share
- Transfer from Share to Loan
- Transfer from Share Draft to Loan
LIMITATION ON FREQUENCY OF TRANSFERS
For all share accounts, no more than six (6) preauthorized automatic, telephone, or internet transfers and withdrawals may be made from each account to another account of yours or to a third party in any month, and no more than three (3) if these six (6) may be made by check, draft, or access card to a third party. If you exceed these limitations, your account may be subject to a fee or be closed.
LIMITATION ON DOLLAR AMOUNT OF TRANSFERS
For security reasons, there are no limits on the dollar amount of transfers you can make using our system.
Our business days are Monday through Friday. Holidays are not included, of course, the ROCKET CITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION online banking system is open at times other than the business days of our credit union, subject to established cut off times for transactions.
SUMMARY OF YOUR LIABILITY FOR UNAUTHORIZED TRANSFERSTell us AT ONCE if you believe your PASSWORD has (have) been lost or stolen. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You could lose all money in your account(s) (plus your maximum overdraft line of credit and open end credit). If you tell us within two (2) business days, you can lose no more than $50.00 if someone used your PASSWORD without your permission. If you believe your PASSWORD has (have) been lost or stolen, and you tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss or theft, you can lose no more than
$50.00 if someone used your PASSWORD without your permission. If you do NOT tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your
PASSWORD, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your PASSWORD without your permission if you has told usí you could lose as much
as $500.00. Also, if your statement shows transfers that you did not make, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within 60 days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the 60 days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time.
If a good reason (such as a long trip or hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we will extend the time periods. If you believe your PASSWORD has (have) been lost or stolen or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, call (256) 533-0541 or write to us at ROCKET CITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION, 2200 Clinton Ave., Huntsville, Alabama 35805.
For all Fee and Charges see Fee Schedule. Additionally, each account affected by the transaction use of ROCKET CITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION online banking system will be subject to the regular service charge imposed for that specified account. Additionally, if you have an existing overdraft credit line or open end loan account attached to your checking account, any overdrafts shall be subject to FINANCE CHARGES in accordance with the terms of the applicable agreement.
SUMMARY OF YOUR RIGHT TO RECEIVE DOCUMENTATION OF TRANSFERS
You will get a monthly account statement (unless there are no transfers in a particular month). In any case, you will get the statement at least quarterly.
SUMMARY OF CREDIT UNIONíS LIABILITY FOR FAILURE TO MAKE TRANSFERS
If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses for damages as required by Federal law. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable for, for instance:
- If through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer; If the transfer would go over the credit limit on a loan;
- If the system was not working properly, and you knew about the breakdown when you started the transfer;
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire or flood) prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken;
- If funds in you account are subject to a court order or other restriction preventing the transfer; and
- There may be other exceptions stated in our agreement with you.
CIRCUMSTANCES UNDER WHICH WE WILL DISCLOSE ACCOUNT INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
The credit Union will disclose information to third parties about your account or transfers you made:
- When it is necessary to complete the transfers;
- In order to verify the existence and conditions of your account for a third party such as a credit bureau or merchant;
- In order to comply with a government agency or court orders; or
- If you give us written permission.
SUMMARY OF OUR ERROR RESOLUTION PROCEDURE IN CASE OF ERRORS OR QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR ELECTRONIC TRANSFERS
In Case of Errors or Questions About Your Electronic Transfers, telephone us at (256) 533-0541 or write to us at ROCKET CITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION, 2200 Clinton Ave., Huntsville, Alabama 35805 as soon as you can, if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement or receipt. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
- Tell us your name and account number (if any).
- Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe itis an error or why you need more information.
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days. We will tell you the results of our investigation within 10* business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45** days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10* business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not credit your account. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation within three business days after we finish our investigation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
*If you assert an error within 30 days after you make the first deposit to your account, we will have 20 business days instead of 10 business days.
**If you give notice of an error within 30 days after you make (1) the first deposit to your account, or (2) notice of an error involving a transaction initiated outside the U.S., its possessions and territories, we will have 90 calendar days instead of 45 calendar days to investigate.