PEOPLES ADVANTAGE FEDERAL CREDIT UNIONHOME BANKING/ELECTRONIC SERVICES AGREEMENT
The following information defines and describes the types of Electronic Funds Transfers which are available to members with Peoples”e”Branch home banking service. It also contains your rights and responsibilities concerning these transactions, including your rights under the Electronic Funds Transfers Act. Please read this document carefully. You may want to print it for future reference.
- Internet Account Access - Our internet address is peoplesadvfcu.org. You can use Peoples”e”Branch home banking service to:
- Obtain balances and other account details on your share and loan accounts.
- Make transfers between your share accounts, share draft accounts and transfer to make loan payments (limitations may apply).
- Withdraw funds from your share or share draft account(s), by check, to be mailed to you at your address of record on the next available business day.
- Review transaction activity and drafts cleared on your accounts (limitations may apply).
- Pay bills online using our bill payment service (other terms and conditions apply).
- Limitations on Transfers
- Federal regulations limit pre-authorized transfers from your regular share account to no more than six per account per month. This includes transfers by phone, fax, wire and cable, overdraft transfers to checking, and Internet instruction.
- The functions and limitations of Peoples”e”Branch home banking service may be updated, without notice, at the option of Peoples Advantage Federal Credit Union in order to provide improved service to the membership.
- Before entering the Peoples”e”Branch home banking site, you agree to accept the responsibility for protecting the integrity of your PIN (Personal Identification Number) in order to prevent unauthorized transactions and/or account access. You also agree that Peoples Advantage Federal Credit Union may revoke your Internet account access if unauthorized account access and/or transactions occur as the apparent result of your negligence in safeguarding your PIN. Granting access to your account via the Internet to any other person (non-owner) will make you financially liable for all unauthorized access, losses or misuse of the account, until reported to Peoples Advantage Federal Credit Union.
- Tell Peoples Advantage Federal Credit Union at once if you believe your account number, PIN, or any record thereof, has been lost or stolen, or if your account has been accessed without your authority. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down, but you may also notify us by writing to the address below. You could lose all of the money in your accounts, but if you tell us within two (2) business days of the loss, theft or unauthorized access, you can lose no more than $50.00 if someone accesses your account without your permission. If you do not tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the unauthorized access, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from accessing your account without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.00.
- If your statement shows any electronic funds transfer you did not make or authorize to be made, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within 60 days after the statement was sent to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the 60 days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time. If a good reason (such as a long trip or hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we may extend the time periods.
- Address and Telephone Numbers
- If you believe unauthorized access occurred on your account or your PIN (Personal Identification Number) has been stolen, or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account by accessing your account without your permission, call Peoples Advantage FCU Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday between the hours of 8:30am and 5:00pm or on Wednesdays between the hours of 10:00am and 5:00pm eastern time at (804) 748-3081 or 1 (800) 654-3914 or write to us at: Peoples Advantage Federal Credit Union, Attn: Electronic Services, P.O. Box 3180, Petersburg, Va. 23805.
- Business Days
- For purposes of these disclosures, Peoples Advantage FCU’s business days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
- Documentation of Transfers
- Your periodic statement will specifically identify each electronic transaction. You will receive a monthly account statement for each month in which you initiate electronic transactions. In any case, you will get a statement at least quarterly.
- Additionally, through Peoples”e”Branch home banking service, you can view your transaction activity at any time.
- There are currently no charges for Peoples Advantage FCU’s Peoples”e”Branch home banking service.
- Liability for Failure to Make Transfers
- If Peoples Advantage Federal Credit Union fails to complete a transfer to or from your account on time in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will NOT be liable, for instance:
- If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer.
- If the funds in your account are subject to legal process, such as garnishment or attachment, or if the account is subject to a pledge or security agreement.
- If circumstances beyond our control prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions we have taken.
- If you have reported an unauthorized use of your PIN, reported it as stolen, or requested that we issue a new PIN, and we have as a result refused to honor the original PIN.
- Information to Third Parties
- We will disclose information to third parties about your account or the transactions you make:
- If we return checks drawn on your account for insufficient funds or if we are unable to complete an electronic transfer because of insufficient funds.
- Where it is necessary for completing transfers.
- In order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant.
- In order to comply with government agency or court order.
- If you give us your written permission.
- In Case of Errors or Questions about your Electronic Transfers
- If you think your statement is wrong or if you need more information about a transaction listed on the statement, immediately telephone us at (804) 748-3081 or 1 (800) 654-3914. You may call Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday between the hours of 8:30am and 5:00pm or on Wednesdays between the hours of 10:00am and 5:00pm eastern time, or write us at: P.O. Box 3180, Petersburg, Va. 23805. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent you the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
- Tell us your name and account number.
- Describe the error or the transaction you are unsure about, including the transaction confirmation number if possible, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
- If you tell us verbally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days. We will tell you the results of our investigation within 10 business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 calendar days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will recredit your account within 10 business days for the amount that you thinks is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not recredit your account.
- If we decide there was no error, we will send you a written explanation within three (3) business days after we finish our investigation. You may ask for copies of the documents we used in our investigation.
OTHER ELECTRONIC SERVICES THROUGH PEOPLES”E”BRANCH
E-Alerts - Is a FREE SERVICE and provides four options to select from and each allow you to become notified should a transaction occur based on criteria you have elected. Example: E-Balance allows you to set the computer system to notify you should your balance be equal to, less than or greater than a set amount. This option is great if you have a checking account and want to be notified should your balance drop below a set amount*.
There are three other E-alert options with each providing you choices that allow you to have increased control over your account electronically. E-Alerts are generated and sent out to members two times per day.
*Depending upon how many checks or items clear on any day your account may go below the amount set and become overdrawn during the same processing day. Members should keep a register and track the account activity/balance and not rely solely on the e-alerts.
BY ACCESSING THIS SERVICE YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE.
1. Your use of the FREE E-Alerts service is at your own risk. Peoples Advantage FCU will provide the FREE E-Alerts e-mail service and its messages to you on an "as is" basis without any warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied. Peoples Advantage FCU and their suppliers, to the fullest extent permitted by law disclaim all warranties.
2. Although the FREE E-Alerts e-mail service is designed to give you timely notice of specific events, it cannot provide immediate notice. You may suffer errors, interruptions, delays or failures in the receipt of your FREE E-Alerts e-mail for a variety of reasons, which may include technical difficulties suffered by the credit union or your Internet service provider or wireless communications carrier. Further, if you choose to have your E-Alerts delivered to your cell phone or certain other devices, a portion of the E-Alerts, or related information and disclaimers, may be omitted. Accordingly, Peoples Advantage FCU and their suppliers make no warranties to you about the timeliness of the FREE E-Alerts e-mail service or the accuracy, reliability or completeness of any alerts we provide you, nor as to the security associated with any information transmitted via the FREE E-Alerts e-mail service.
3. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES shall Peoples Advantage FCU or any of their suppliers be liable to you for incidental, consequential, special or punitive damages, including but not limited to investment losses, finance charges, loss of business, lost opportunities, lost profits, or other economic damages, resulting in any way from your use of or reliance upon the FREE E-Alerts e-mail service or the contents of specific alerts, whether the claim for damages is based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not the credit union is advised of the possibility of such damages.
4. All disputes with Peoples Advantage FCU arising out of or relating to your subscription for the FREE E-Alerts e-mail service or otherwise relating to the TERMS shall be resolved by the management of the credit union. Any dispute must be put in writing and sent to Peoples Advantage FCU at P.O. Box 3180, Petersburg, Va. 23805 attention: Member Services.
5. You may cancel the alerts you have established at any time by accessing the e-alerts option in home banking (Peoples”e”Branch). You would delete each of the alerts in your “alert list” that you wish to cancel.
This service allows you to view recent statements online. You may also print and/or save copies to your computer. While enrolled in E-Statements, you will receive your statements electronically instead of the paper copies via postal mail.
You acknowledge that your account statement must be obtained online and that the Credit Union will discontinue mailing you paper statements. By this election, you accept the Electronic Statement as your official account statement for your accounts and will only receive a mailed paper statement upon request. If you later decide to receive your statement by mail, you must contact a Credit Union representative.
This service allows you to receive electronic notices in lieu of paper notices.
Certificate maturity notices and NSF notices are examples of some of the notices that are available in electronic format. Other notices are available or may soon be available electronically. You agree to receive any notice from the credit union available in this format.
You may request a paper copy of any notice that you have agreed to receive electronically or you may withdraw your consent to receive future electronic notices at any time by contacting member services.
Electronic Delivery of Documents
By enrolling in online banking, you are also enrolled in electronic delivery of statements (E-Statements) and certain notifications (E-Notifications). You will receive these documents electronically instead of receiving paper copies in the mail.
To view E-Statements and E-Notifications, you will need a computer with a working Internet connection and Adobe Acrobat Reader.
By agreeing to this disclosure, you agree to supply a valid e-mail address through NetBranch and update this information if your e-mail address changes. This e-mail address will be used to notify you that your E-Statement or E-Notification is ready to view via NetBranch. If the e-mail address you provide becomes invalid, causing you not to receive notification of an E-Statement or E-Notification, the Credit Union will not be held responsible.
You may withdraw your consent to receive E-Statements or E-Notifications at any time by contacting the credit union via telephone at 804-748-3081, or e-mail at email@example.com, or by mail at PO Box 3180, Petersburg, Va. 23805, to request an opt-out form (member signature is required).