ONLINE CONNECTION AGREEMENT AND DISCLOSURE
This Online Banking Agreement and Disclosure ("Agreement") describes your rights and obligations as a user of Virtual Branch Home Banking ("CU ONLINE"). You authorize LPCU to utilize IntegraSys to provide CU ONLINE to you on our behalf. It also describes the rights and obligations of Lexington Postal Credit Union. Please read this Agreement carefully. By requesting and using CU ONLINE, you agree to comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- General E-mail: LPCU@windstream.net
- Phone (859) 252-5151 or (859) 254-5871
8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. (EST) Monday through Friday except Holidays
- In Person to a Member Services representative at either of the LPCU locations
- Mail: Lexington Postal Credit Union
ATTN: Member Services
PO Box 11001
Lexington, KY 40512
The Following definitions apply in this Agreement:
- "Authorized Representative" refers to a person with authority (with respect to the account);
- "ISP" refers to your Internet Service Provider;
- "Online Banking" is the internet-based service providing access to your LPCU account(s);
- "Online Account" means the LPCU account from which you will be conducting transactions using CU ONLINE;
- "Password" is the customer-generated code selected by you for use during the initial sign-on, or the codes you select after the initial sign-on, that establishes your connection to CU ONLINE;
- "PC" means your personal computer which enables you, with the Internet browser and ISP, to access your Online Account;
- "Time of day" references are to Eastern Standard Time;
- "User ID" is the Credit Union-generated identification code assigned to you for your connection to CU ONLINE;
- "We", "us", "Credit Union" or "LPCU" refer to Lexington Postal Credit Union, which offers CU ONLINE and which holds the accounts accessed by CU ONLINE; and
- "You" or "your" refer to the owner of the account or the authorized representative.
Access to Services
You will gain access to your Online Accounts through the use of your Internet-enabled device, your ISP, your Password, and your User ID. You may access your Online Account(s) 24 hours a day, seven (7) days a week. However, availability of the Services may be suspended for brief periods of time for purposes of maintenance, updating, and revising the software.
For purposes of transactions, the Credit Union's business days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays and weekends. All Online Banking transaction requests received on Saturdays, Sundays or holidays on which LPCU chooses to remain closed, will be processed on the Credit Union's next business day. LPCU's business day begins at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 4:30 p.m. EST.
- Account Access - You may access all of your LPCU accounts online. One of these accounts must be your Share Savings account. All accounts with LPCU that you enroll in CU ONLINE may be linked by the member account numbers of the persons authorized to access the account. The linked accounts will appear together without regard to the ownership of the accounts.
- Transfer of Funds - In addition to viewing account information, you may transfer funds within your account only. This includes savings, clubs, share draft (checking) and loans. Transfers done through CU ONLINE will immediately affect your account.
- Withdrawals - You may request a withdrawal from your savings or checking account. These will affect your account immediately. If the withdrawal is done while the credit union is closed, the withdrawal will be mailed on the next business day. Our Business days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
- Balances - You may view your share and loan account balances and availability and payoffs, where applicable. These balances are real-time balances, but will not include drafts, ATM/debit card or other electronic transactions, which you may have done, but are not yet posted by the credit union.
- Transactions History - We will permit access to all transactions on your account that have occurred in the current month and the previous month. These transactions will not include drafts, ATM/debit card or other electronic transactions, which you may have done, but are not yet posted by the credit union. We also allow you to access draft history, in sequential order.
- Password Changes - You may change your Home Banking password at anytime. For your protection, keep this password secret and change it on a regular basis. The staff at the credit union does not have access to your password, and must reset your account if it is forgotten.
- Additional Services - We may offer new services at any time. These presented terms and conditions also apply to the additional services, unless specifically noted otherwise.
NOTE: Because regulations require the Credit Union to limit certain types of transfers out of non-checking accounts (including Online Connection transfers), the following limitation applies:
Share Savings. You can make no more than six transfers per statement period by pre-authorized or automatic transfer or by telephone or Online Connection and no more than three of these may be by check, draft, or debit card. Please note: If there are not sufficient funds in your account to cover a requested transfer, we cannot complete the transfer.
Schedule of Fees for Account Access
LPCU offers the benefits and convenience of account access to you free.
You will continue to receive your regular account statements either monthly or quarterly, depending on the type of account.
Use of Your Security Password
You are responsible for keeping your Password and Online Account information confidential. In order to protect yourself against fraud, you should adhere to the following guidelines:
- Do not give out your account information, Password, or User ID;
- Do not leave your PC unattended while you are on the Credit Union's Online Banking site;
- Never leave your account information within range of others; and
- Do not send privileged account information (account number, Password, etc.) in any public or general email system.
- If you believe your Password has been lost or stolen, or if you suspect any fraudulent activity on your account, call Lexington Postal Credit Union immediately at 859-254-5871 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Telephoning LPCU is the best way of minimizing your losses and liability.
The following determines your liability for any unauthorized activity and errors:
- If you notify the Credit Union within two (2) business days after your Password was lost or stolen, your liability will not exceed $50.00 or the amount of the unauthorized EFTs that occur before notification, whichever is less;
- If you fail to notify the Credit Union within two (2) business days after your Password is lost or stolen, your liability may be as high as $500, if we can prove that we could have stopped unauthorized transfers or transactions if you had told us sooner;
- You must report an unauthorized EFT or other error, which appears on your periodic statement as soon as possible, no later than 60 days of transmittal of the statement to avoid liability for subsequent transfers. If you wait more than 60 days to report unauthorized transfers, you may be liable for any unauthorized transfers that occurred after the end of the 60-day period if we can prove that we could have stopped them if you had told us sooner. If you wait more than 60 days to report other errors, we will not be responsible for them. You may also be liable for the amounts as described in sections 1 and 2 above;
- If you report unauthorized activity or other errors orally, we will require that you send your complaint or question in writing within ten (10) business days. We will notify you with the results of the investigation within ten (10) business days and will correct any error promptly. If more time is needed, however, we may take up to 45 days to investigate a complaint or question. If this occurs, we will credit your account within 10 business days for the amount you think is in error (20 days if your account has been open less than 30 days). This will allow you to use the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If your complaint or question is not received in writing within 10 business days, we may not credit your account until the investigation is completed. If an alleged error involves an electronic fund transfer outside a state or territory or possession of the United States, or if your account is new, we may take up to 90 days to complete our investigation. If we determine that no error occurred, we will reverse any provisional credit and send you a written explanation within three (3) business days after the investigation is complete. You may request copies of the documents that were used in the investigation. If we reverse a provisional credit, we will pay any items that overdraw your account without charge for up to five (5) business days after we send you notice that we have done so, but only to the extent the overdraft does not exceed the amount of the provisional credit;
- You may notify Lexington Postal Credit Union by telephone or in writing. Notification by general e-mail to report an unauthorized transaction is not secure and therefore is not advised.
We must hear from you at the telephone number or address listed above, no later than 60 days after we sent you the FIRST statement on which the problem or error occurred. We will need:
- Your name and account number
- A description of the error or the transfer in question and an explanation concerning why you believe it is an error or need more information.
- The dollar amount of the suspected error and the date on which it occurred.
This section explains our liability to you only to the extent that any other agreements, disclosures, or notices have not separately disclosed our liability. In no event shall we be liable to you for failure to provide access to your Online Connection as delineated in this Agreement. We will be liable for the amount of any material losses or damages incurred by you and resulting directly from our gross negligence.
We will not be liable to you in the following instances:
- If through no fault of LPCU, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer.
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire, flood, power outage, equipment or technical failure or breakdown) prevents the transfer despite reasonable precautions we have taken.
- If there is a hold on your account, or if access to your account is blocked, in accordance with Credit Union policy.
- If your funds are subject to a legal proceeding or other encumbrance restricts the transfer.
- If your transfer authorization terminates by operation of law.
- If your negligence in failing to promptly report actual or potential unauthorized use of your accounts results in a financial loss to LPCU.
- If you have not properly followed the instructions on how to make a transfer included in this Agreement.
- If we have received incomplete or inaccurate information from you or a third party involving the account or transfer.
- If we have a reasonable basis for believing that unauthorized use of your Password or account has occurred or may be occurring or if you default under this Agreement, the deposit account agreement, a credit agreement, or any other agreement with us, or if we or you terminate this Agreement.
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend or hold us, directors, officers, employees or agents harmless against any third party claim, demand, suit, action or other proceeding and any expenses that result from our following your instructions in connection with an Online Connection.
- Third Parties. We are not liable for any loss or liability resulting from any failure of your equipment or software, or that of an internet browser provider such as Netscape (Netscape Navigator browser) or Microsoft (Microsoft Internet Explorer browser), by an internet access provider, or by an online service provider, nor will we be liable for any direct, indirect, special, or consequential damages resulting from your access to or failure to access an Online Connection.
- Virus Protection. Lexington Postal Credit Union is not responsible for any electronic virus or viruses that you may encounter. We may suggest that you routinely scan your PC using a virus protection product. An undetected virus may corrupt and destroy your programs, files and your hardware.
Electronic Mail (E-Mail)
If you send LPCU an e-mail message, LPCU will be deemed to have received it on the following business day. You should not rely on email if you need to report an unauthorized transaction from one of your accounts or if you need to stop a payment that is scheduled to occur.
NOTE: E-Mail transmissions outside of the Online Connection site are not secure. We advise you not to send us or ask for sensitive information such as account numbers, Password, account information etc. via any general or public e-mail system.
Term and Termination
This Agreement will become effective on the first sign-on date to CU ONLINE and shall remain in full force and effect until termination in accordance with the following provisions. Any changes made to this disclosure will be posted on Lexington Postal Credit Unionís website.
Termination for cause - We may immediately terminate your Online Connection privileges without notice to you under the following circumstances:
- you do not pay any fee required by this Agreement when due; or
- you do not comply with the agreements governing your accounts; or
- you do not maintain your accounts or loans with LPCU in good standing.
We will promptly notify you if we terminate this Agreement or your use of the Services for any other reason.
General Terms and Conditions
In addition to this Agreement, you and LPCU agree to be bound by and comply with the requirement of the agreements applicable to each of your Online Accounts. Your use of CU ONLINE is your acknowledgment that you have received these agreements and intend to be bound by them.
- Changes and Modifications. LPCU may modify the terms and conditions applicable to CU ONLINE from time to time. We may send any notice to you via e-mail and you will have to be deemed to have received it three days after it is sent. The revised terms and conditions shall be effective at the earliest date allowed by applicable law, generally 21 days after the mailing of the notice. We reserve the right to terminate this Agreement and your use of the Services in whole or in part at any time without prior notice as allowed by applicable law.
- Notices. Unless otherwise required by applicable law, any notice or written communication given pursuant to this Agreement may be sent to you electronically provided that you have consented to receive electronic notices.
- Disclosure of Information. We will only disclose information to third parties about your account or transfers you make under the following circumstances:
- Where it is necessary for the provision of Online Connection and for completing transfers;
- In order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant;
- In order to comply with government or court orders, or other reporting requirements;
- If you give us your permission.
- Governing Law. The laws of the State of Kentucky and applicable federal law govern this Agreement.