FORT McCLELLAN CREDIT UNION
MONEY-MINDER ON-LINE E-MAIL, INTERNET AND TELEPHONE
BANKING SERVICE SYSTEM AGREEMENT
- In this Agreement, the words “you” and “your” mean each person who signs this Agreement. The words “we”, “us” and “our” mean FORT MCCLELLAN CREDIT UNION. The word “Account” means those accounts with us which you may access by use of the On-Line, Internet, and Telephone Banking Service System. The words “On-Line Service Provider” and “Internet” means CompuServ, America Online, Prodigy or other similar providers as may be offered in the future. The word “PIN” means your personal identification number. The “Telephone Banking Service” is a means by which, with the use of your PIN and the Money-Minder Auto Teller, you may access your accounts with a telephonic device through which electronic fund transfers may be initiated. The “On-Line Banking Service System” or “On-Line Service” or “Internet” is a system that may be accessed by an on-line computer request through which, when used in conjunction with the authorization information stated herein and/or your PIN, you may request the Credit Union to conduct electronic transactions or perform services upon your behalf as provided in this Agreement.
- By signing this Agreement, you agree that you will be responsible for all transfers made by anyone who uses the On-Line, Internet, or Telephone Banking Service System to access your account(s) as permitted by law. You also agree that you have selected your own PIN for use with the Internet and Telephone Banking Service System and will be responsible for all transfers made by anyone who uses your PIN.
- We will accept computer messages from you using the Telephone and On-Line Service requesting the Credit Union to process transactions as permitted under this Agreement or as may be provided in the future.
- You agree the services available are listed in the most recently dated On-Line E-Mail, Internet, and Telephone Services brochure. You understand the On-Line, Internet, and Telephone Service may be used to, among other things, transfer funds between certain Accounts, withdraw funds from certain Accounts, make advances under certain Accounts, make payments to certain Accounts, review Account transaction history, submit credit applications, and check reoders. For any transaction which initiates a withdrawal or loan advance to be sent to you, we will mail the sum requested (usually within two business days following the request) by way of a draft made payable to you to the most recent mailing address listed on the Account. The available services are subject to change at any time without prior notice to you. When using our current On-Line E-Mail Services, your transactions will not be “live” i.e. your communication may be reviewed by us later. You agree that all Account transactions and some other services requested through the Internet is a batch processing system not “live” real time transactions.
- You agree On-Line E-Mail Service request received after 3:00 P.M. (Central Time) generally will not be processed until the next business day. We will send an On-Line Service acknowledgment when your request has been completed (generally within one business day) or if additional information is needed to complete your request.
- You agree to notify us immediately if you believe your password for the On-Line Service has been used, obtained, or compromised in any way. You understand we may suspend your access until a new password has been established with the On-Line Service Provider. You agree to tell us at once if you believe your PIN for Telephone or Internet access to your Account(s) has been lost, stolen or discovered by some unauthorized person. The fastest way to notify us is to telephone us at (256) 237-2113.
- You agree we may at any time, in our sole discretion and without notice to you, suspend or terminate your access to the On-Line E-Mail, Internet, or Telephone Banking Service System. You may terminate this Agreement in writing to us at any time. The termination or cancellation of the use of the On-Line E-Mail, Internet, or Telephone Banking Service System will not affect the liability incurred by you prior to termination or cancellation.
- Except as changed by this Agreement, account transactions initiated by the use of the On-Line E-Mail, Internet, or Telephone Banking Service System are subject to the rules and agreements covering your Accounts with us, and this Agreement is made a part of and supplemental to those rules and agreements.
- This Agreement may be changed at any time by mailing a copy of any changes to your last statement address. Changes will be effective on the date that we mail them to you unless we are required by law to give you advance notice. Your use of the On-Line E-Mail, Internet, or Telephone Service System after the effective date of any change will acknowledge your acceptance of the change.
- You agree we assume no liability due to your inability to access the On-Line E-Mail, Internet, or Telephone Service System due to communication problems or interruption, equipment failure, or other reasons beyond our control.
- You agree we accept no responsibility for equipment failure or damage, computer viruses, or software damage which may occur as a result of your use of the On-Line E-Mail, Internet, or Telephone Service System. Even though we believe that the On-Line E-Mail, Internet, and Telephone Service System will prove to be reliable, the system may not operate properly at all times. We, therefore, do not promise that the On-Line E-Mail, Internet, or Telephone Service System will always be available for your use. You will not attempt to make a transfer when the system tells you or other circumstances give you reason to believe that the system is closed or is not operating properly due to a technical malfunction or is otherwise unable to initiate the transaction you desire.
- You agree you are responsible for all charges assessed by communications companies, local and long-distance telephone companies, on-line service providers or other related companies. You understand we do not currently charge a fee for access to the On-Line E-Mail, Telephone Service and internet account access through Money-Minder Home Financial Services (HFS).
- In order to process your request for Money-Minder On-Line E-Mail, Internet or Telephone Banking Service, you agree we may request and you must meet our security requirements to identify authorized users.
- You will be responsible for all unauthorized transfers made from your Accounts by use of the On-Line E-Mail, and/or with the use of your PIN through the Internet or Telephone Service, subject to the limitations contained in applicable federal law. Those limitations of your liability for unauthorized transfers are summarized in the disclosures accompanying this Agreement. You will tell us at once if you believe unauthorized transfers have been made. The fastest way to notify us is to telephone us at (256) 237-2113.
- You must keep your share account with us open in order for you to use the On-Line E-Mail, Internet, and Telephone Banking Service System.
- Your PIN and the On-Line E-Mail, Internet, and Telephone Banking Service System will be used only for the type of transactions and to have access to only those Accounts that we have approved in advance. If through some error the use of your PIN and the On-Line E-Mail, Internet, and Telephone Banking Service System permits you to withdraw funds from an Account that you should not be allowed to use, we may charge the amount involved to an Account that you can use.
- Your PIN and the On-Line E-Mail, Internet, and Telephone Banking Service System may not be used to overdraw any Account. If you do use your PIN and the On-Line E-Mail, Internet, and Telephone Banking Service System to overdraw an Account, then you will owe us that amount (plus any service charge) immediately and we may, without having to tell you, either take what you owe us from any account you have with us or, if you have a loan with us, treat the overdraft as a request for a loan advance. If the amount you owe us is not paid, we will be entitled to recover that amount along with any costs we incur in collecting it, including reasonable attorney’s fees.
- We have no obligation to monitor how you use your PIN or the On-Line E-Mail, Internet, and Telephone Banking Service System or to notify you if we notice any unusual activity with regards to any of your Accounts which may be accessed by use of your PIN and the On-Line E-Mail, Internet, and Telephone Banking Service System.
- We can delay in enforcing any of our rights under this Agreement without losing them. The fact that we do not enforce our rights in one instance does not mean that we will not do so in another instance.
- This Agreement and all transactions under this Agreement will be governed by Alabama law and applicable federal law.
- By signing the Money-Minder On-Line E-Mail, Internet, and Telephone Banking Service System application, you hereby acknowledge receipt of a copy of this Agreement and the Regulation E Disclosure statement.